1. Women Empowerment - The project helps women understand and explore the potential within them so that they become confident enough to face the employment marketplace. As this was focuses on orientation of women and their linkage to jobs in their sector of interest. During the orientation sessions the girls and women are made aware of various aspects of interview readiness, along with this if required they are also imparted sector-specific knowledge for their better understanding of the job role and duties to be performed. The project provides a great opportunity for girls and women to fulfil their aspirations by getting into job or apprenticeship opportunity of their interest area. In theory it is expected that in maximum number of cases it is followed by social empowerment, where they get confidence, self-belief, skills to face the world and express their views. In the process of getting jobs they also get exposure and opportunities for peer learning. In nutshell, in two ways it is empowering women.Directly
- Mobilization - by giving career options/opportunities
- Orientation - by counselling, giving soft skills
- Placements - when they get earnings (economic empowerment) Indirectly
- Ecosystem building - Through mobilization, the parents, families and communities are onboarded, which helps girls/women to get acceptance for jobs
Still it needs to be mentioned here that in the project duration it is difficult to track on the indices of women empowerment, as it needs different time frame and resources.
2. Strengthened/ influenced the skills ecosystem
- As project design this project has worked with holistic approach which leads to ecosystem building in long run. To achieve target of placement, steps like identifying stakeholders, initiating conversations, building alliances, formalizing documents for clarity in roles and responsibilities, tracking of work on specific lines of actions (as what works what does not work) has definitely helped in moving in the direction of engaging meaningfully with the stakeholders of the skills ecosystem. These stakeholders involve third party aggregators (from both job seekers and job providers end), employers, trainers, placement agencies etc.